What is the DIY Design Package?
Hello DIY’er! We love that you want to tackle a project on your own and we want to help! Partnering with us on your DIY project will ensure that you don’t waste time (or, money) doing it wrong. Weather it’s furnishing a space, refinishing or building something, finalizing accessories or selecting materials like tile, countertops, or fixtures, we’re here to be your design “partner-in-crime” to make sure everything goes smoothy!
Our Basic DIY Design Package provides a conceptual plan for you to use as a “recipe” to pull together a beautiful and cohesive space on your own. This package allows you to enter into a “light” version of our exclusive PREMIUM FULL SERVICE DESIGN PACKAGE, providing you with the core foundational elements necessary to create that dream look you’re after, without all the accessories and finishes to fully complete the space.
Approach your DIY Project with confidence with the help of our incredibly talented design team!
*Prices are per space. Bundle three or more spaces for a custom “package” price.
** Smaller spaces such as powder rooms, foyers, laundry rooms, etc will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Is DIY Design Right for Me?
- I need furniture and want to make sure I buy the right size and style for my space.
- I’m 90% done with my space, but I just need a plan for the finishing touches.
- I am going to build or construct something myself and I’d like to make sure I’m going about it right before I start.
- I want to refinish something I own and I need advice.
- I’ve been working on this project for a while and I just want my space done.
- I don’t have a design bone in my body and I need help.
- I’m not great at making decisions and prefer someone to tell me what to do and what to buy.
- I have time to shop and source furnishings and decor on my own.
- I love the MGI style, I just need a simple plan to follow in my home.
If you answered “yes” at least three of the questions above, DIY Design is a great fit for you!
What to Expect from our Basic DIY Design Package
- Accurate Measurements of the Space
- Detailed Floor Plan to Scale
- Custom Color Story for the Space
- Basic Lighting and Accessory Concept
- DIY Design Plan Conceptual Rendering
- Detailed Design Plan Specifications
- Comprehensive Budget Estimate
- Local Resource List
- Basic DIY Design Bundle
*Ask us about our DIY with the Option to Buy for an added layer of service with your DIY Project.
**To learn more about each of these incredibly valuable deliverables, see our “Package Glossary” at the end of the page.
Our DIY Design Process:
- After having a “Discovery Call” and “Initial Consultation” with us, you can purchase and enter into our DIY Process where we will partner with you to create a plan for your DIY Project. First, depending on the project, we may come by to take formal measurements (or we’ll ask you to provide them for us if you’re remote) or if your DIY project is more unique and hands-on, we’ll take some time to learn about the specifics of what you’re looking to do and proceed from here. We will also have a meeting that we call an “Idea Session” to confirm the budget, design style and functionality of the project. Due to the nature of this design package, it is highly recommended that all adult parties involved in the project are present during this meeting.
- When our team has all the information we need, we will create a plan with you on how to approach the project. Depending on the complexity of the project, it usually takes 3-4 weeks to pull together the perfect DIY Plan for you. Our team will diligently work on your behalf reviewing your specifications, style ideas, design goals and discuss any foreseeable obstacles we will face so that we can fully encompass the scope of the job in as much detail as possible.
- When our DIY Design is complete, we will notify you via email and ship your detailed DIY Design to you in the mail (if applicable). We’ll include as much detail as possible so that we can pass the design baton to you to execute the furniture purchasing, installation, project management and styling of the space.
- After we’ve presented your design, you’ll have the ability to follow-up with us over one email to answer any questions you have about your Design Plan. We will also make one revision to our floor plan and rendering(s) if you wish to see something laid out differently (if applicable).
Our straightforward DIY Design process will provide you the detailed vision and framework to create the dream space you’ve always wanted.
Accurate Measurements: Accurate measurements of your space taken by our design team. (If this package is purchased remotely, we may ask that you provide measurements for us.)
Floor Plan to Scale: We will determine the best and most functional Floor Plan, designed by our team of experienced designers who know and understand the way you you want to live in your space (two options maximum).
Custom Color Story: A Color Story (or palette) for your space, using our 60-30-10 rule. We’ll tell you how much of specific colors or tones you should use to create a cohesive look and feel.
Basic Lighting and Accessory Concept: We’ll include light lighting/accessory/styling elements in your rendering, so you can see the direction we see your space going.
Conceptual Renderings: A visual representation of the space pulled together in a cohesive design including the floor plan, furnishings, colors, and light styling
Design Plan Specifications: We’ll share detailed descriptions of the furnishings we’d like you to source for the space including measurements, fabric options, arm style, cushion options, etc. If you’d like to purchase with us, ask us about the “DIY with the Option to Buy” service we offer with a $3k minimum order.
Comprehensive Budget: We will pull together and break down all costs associated with the level of design we are presenting you.
Local Resource List: If you need a resource to execute part of our design plan, we’ll connect you with that individual or business so you don’t have to find for someone on your own.
DIY Design Bundle: Our team will bundle up an actual tangible package that we will mail or deliver to you when your DIY Design Plan is complete. We do this because we want you to experience “reveal” of the design while in your own home.
Please reach out to us if you need clarity or have any additional questions about our DIY Design Package.